2016 Maryland Code
Title 13 - Gaming -- Local Provisions
Subtitle 12 - Dorchester County
§ 13-1203. Bingo
(a) License required. -- A person must have a license for each day that the person conducts bingo unless the bingo is conducted in a licensed gaming event.
(b) Issued by clerk. -- Notwithstanding any other provision of this subtitle or Subtitle 2 of this title, in addition to bingo conducted in connection with a gaming event under Subtitle 2 of this title, the clerk of the circuit court of the county may issue a license to conduct bingo.
(c) Qualified organizations. -- To qualify for a license to conduct bingo, an applicant shall be a:
(1) bona fide religious group that has conducted religious services at a fixed location in the county for at least 3 years before applying for a license;
(2) tax-supported volunteer fire company or an auxiliary unit whose members are directly associated with the fire company;
(3) nationally chartered veterans' organization or an auxiliary unit whose members are directly associated with the organization; or
(4) nonprofit organization that:
(i) intends to raise money for an exclusively charitable, athletic, or educational purpose that is described in the application for a license; and
(ii) has operated in the county for at least 3 years before applying for a license.
(d) Application for license. -- An application for a license to conduct bingo shall contain a certification, by a principal officer of the applicant, stating:
(1) the time and place of the activities for which the license is sought;
(2) that the bingo will be conducted and managed solely and personally by the regular members of the applicant without the assistance of gaming professionals; and
(3) that no compensation or reward will be paid to any person for conducting or assisting in the conducting of the bingo.
Disclaimer: These codes may not be the most recent version. Maryland may have more current or accurate information. We make no warranties or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness, or adequacy of the information contained on this site or the information linked to on the state site. Please check official sources.