2016 Maryland Code
Courts and Judicial Proceedings
Title 5 - Limitations, Prohibited Actions, and Immunities
Subtitle 3 - Local Government Tort Claims Act
- § 5-301. Definitions [Subject to contingent amendment; amended version follows this section].
- § 5-301. Definitions (Amendment contingent upon taking effect of provision.)
- § 5-302. Nature and extent of legal representation
- § 5-303. Liability of government; defenses
- § 5-304. Actions for unliquidated damages
- §§ 5-305 to 5-308, 5-308.1, 5-309, . Certain construction industry indemnity agreements prohibited; immunity; civil liability of merchant for detention or arrest of person for "theft"; nuisance suits against agricultural operations; actions against farmers permitting gleaning; emergency medical care; fire and rescue companies; law enforcement officer acting outside jurisdiction; physicians and volunteers working at charitable organizations providing health care services; liability of volunteer sports program physicians; support for emergency medical system; sealed container defense in product liability; personal liability of agents of certain associations or organizations, community recreation program volunteer or athletic official, or volunteer of charitable organization; preparation of complaints in Montgomery County; personal liability of mental health care providers or administrators; credit agreements; Montgomery County Department of Liquor Control; Tri-County Council for Southern Maryland; Tri-County Council for Western Maryland; municipal corporations and officers; counties governed by commissioners; officers of public drainage or watershed associations; contract actions against chartered counties; contract actions against code counties; officials of governmental entities; law enforcement officer assisting victim of spousal assault; federal law enforcement officer making arrest without warrant; officers, employees of political subdivisions when acting outside territorial limits; Maryland-National Capital Park and Planning Commission; disclosure of information concerning fire loss
- § 5-331. Immunity -- Wrongful dishonor of instrument during emergency; procedures for payment of instruments
- §§ 5-332 to 5-337. Liability of political subdivision for acts of special police; receivership of insurer; Joint Insurance Association, member insurers, etc.; insurers, etc., reporting medical malpractice claims; Property and Casualty Insurance Guaranty Corporation, member insurers, etc.; Life and Health Insurance Guaranty Corporation, member insurers, similar organizations, etc
- § 5-338. Life and Health Insurance Guaranty Corporation, member insurers, similar organizations, etc. -- Commercial Casualty Underwriting Association, member insurers, etc
- §§ 5-339 to 5-370, 5-370.1, 5-371 t. 7
Disclaimer: These codes may not be the most recent version. Maryland may have more current or accurate information. We make no warranties or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness, or adequacy of the information contained on this site or the information linked to on the state site. Please check official sources.