2015 Maryland Code
Title 8 - LANDLORD AND TENANT
Subtitle 5A - RENTAL HOUSING -- VICTIMS OF DOMESTIC VIOLENCE AND SEXUAL ASSAULT
§ 8-5A-01 - Definitions
(a) In general. -- In this subtitle the following words have the meanings indicated.
(b) Legal occupant. -- "Legal occupant" means an occupant who resides on the premises with the actual knowledge and permission of the landlord.
(c) Offender. -- "Offender" means a person who commits an act of domestic violence or commits a sexual assault offense.
(d) Peace order. -- "Peace order" means an enforceable final peace order.
(e) Protective order. -- "Protective order" means an enforceable final protective order.
(f) Victim of domestic violence. -- "Victim of domestic violence" means a person who is:
(1) A victim of domestic abuse, as defined in § 4-501 of the Family Law Article; and
(2) A person eligible for relief, as defined in § 4-501 of the Family Law Article.
(g) Victim of sexual assault. -- "Victim of sexual assault" means a person who is a victim of:
(1) A sexual crime under Title 3, Subtitle 3 of the Criminal Law Article;
(2) Child sexual abuse under § 3-602 of the Criminal Law Article; or
(3) Sexual abuse of a vulnerable adult under § 3-604 of the Criminal Law Article.
Disclaimer: These codes may not be the most recent version. Maryland may have more current or accurate information. We make no warranties or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness, or adequacy of the information contained on this site or the information linked to on the state site. Please check official sources.