2015 Maryland Code
Title 8 - LANDLORD AND TENANT
Subtitle 2 - RESIDENTIAL LEASES
§ 8-210 - Information to be posted or provided by landlord
(a) Information to be posted. --
(1) The landlord of any residential rental property shall include in a written lease or post a sign in a conspicuous place on that property listing the name, address, and telephone number of:
(i) The landlord; or
(ii) The person, if any, authorized to accept notice or service of process on behalf of the landlord.
(2) If a landlord fails to comply with paragraph (1) of this subsection, notice or service of process shall be deemed to be proper if the tenant sends notice or service of process by any of the following means:
(i) To the person to whom the rent is paid;
(ii) To the address where the rent is paid; or
(iii) To the address where the tax bill is sent.
(b) Notice of use and occupancy restrictions in Montgomery County. --
(1) This subsection applies only in Montgomery County.
(2) In this subsection, "development" has the meaning provided in § 11B-101 of this article.
(3) (i) Before execution by a tenant of a lease for an initial term of 125 days or more, the owner of any residential rental property within any condominium or development shall provide to the prospective tenant, to the extent applicable, a copy of the rules, declaration, and recorded covenants and restrictions that limit or affect the use and occupancy of the property or common areas and to which the owner is obligated.
(ii) The written lease shall include a statement, if applicable, that the obligations of the owner that limit or affect the use and occupancy of the property are enforceable against the owner's tenant.
Disclaimer: These codes may not be the most recent version. Maryland may have more current or accurate information. We make no warranties or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness, or adequacy of the information contained on this site or the information linked to on the state site. Please check official sources.