2015 Maryland Code
HEALTH - GENERAL
Title 2 - DEPARTMENT OF HEALTH AND MENTAL HYGIENE
Subtitle 6 - FALSE CLAIMS AGAINST STATE HEALTH PLANS AND STATE HEALTH PROGRAMS
§ 2-611 - Annual reports
(a) Annually to General Assembly. -- Beginning October 1, 2010, the Inspector General of the Department and the Director of the Medicaid Fraud Control Unit in the Office of the Attorney General shall report annually to the General Assembly, in accordance with § 2-1246 of the State Government Article, the following information for the previous fiscal year:
(1) The number of civil actions filed under this subtitle;
(2) The number of civil actions under this subtitle in which a judgment was entered, whether by settlement or adjudication; and
(3) The number of claims made by the State based on alleged violations of § 2-602(a) of this subtitle that are settled without the filing of a civil action under this subtitle.
(b) For civil actions. -- Unless the action is under seal in accordance with § 2-604 of this subtitle, for each civil action reported under subsection (a)(1) or (2) of this section, the report shall state:
(1) Whether the action was filed by the State or by a person on behalf of the State and, if filed by a person, whether the State intervened and proceeded with the action;
(2) The name of the defendant and the following information about the defendant:
(i) The number of employees and any other data relevant to the size of the defendant;
(ii) The amount of payments made to the defendant in the year prior to the filing of the action from State health plans and, to the extent known by the Inspector General and the Medicaid Fraud Control Unit, from other sources; and
(iii) Whether the defendant is a minority-owned business enterprise as defined by § 14-301 of the State Finance and Procurement Article;
(3) A description of the violation or alleged violation of § 2-602 of this subtitle; and
(4) The amount sought in the action and, if applicable, the amount for which the defendant is liable under a settlement agreement or court order.
(c) For claims reported. -- For each claim reported under subsection (a)(3) of this section, the report shall state:
(1) A description of the violation or alleged violation of § 2-602 of this subtitle;
(2) The resolution of the claim;
(3) The amount, if any, the person against whom the claim was made agreed to pay in settlement of the claim; and
(4) The amount, if any, collected by the State.
Disclaimer: These codes may not be the most recent version. Maryland may have more current or accurate information. We make no warranties or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness, or adequacy of the information contained on this site or the information linked to on the state site. Please check official sources.