2015 Maryland Code
Title 8 - FALSE CLAIMS.
§ 8-110 - Reports.
(a) In general. -- Beginning October 1, 2016, the Office of the Attorney General and the attorney for each county shall report annually to the General Assembly, in accordance with § 2-1246 of the State Government Article, the following information for the previous fiscal year:
(1) the number of civil actions filed under this title;
(2) the number of civil actions under this title in which a judgment was entered, whether by settlement or adjudication; and
(3) the number of claims made by the governmental entity based on alleged violations of § 8-102 of this title that are settled without the filing of a civil action under this title.
(b) Contents -- Parties, violation, amount sought. -- Unless the action is under seal in accordance with § 8-104 of this title, for each civil action reported under subsection (a)(1) or (2) of this section, the report shall state:
(1) whether the action was filed by the governmental entity or by a person on behalf of the governmental entity and, if filed by a person, whether the governmental entity intervened and proceeded with the action;
(2) the name of the defendant;
(3) a description of the violation or alleged violation of § 8-102 of this title; and
(4) the amount sought in the action and, if applicable, the amount for which the defendant is liable under a settlement agreement or court order.
(c) Contents -- Violation, resolution, settlement, amount collected. -- For each claim reported under subsection (a)(3) of this section, the report shall state:
(1) a description of the violation or alleged violation of § 8-102 of this title;
(2) the resolution of the claim;
(3) the amount, if any, the person against whom the claim was made agreed to pay in settlement of the claim; and
(4) the amount, if any, collected by the governmental entity.
Disclaimer: These codes may not be the most recent version. Maryland may have more current or accurate information. We make no warranties or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness, or adequacy of the information contained on this site or the information linked to on the state site. Please check official sources.