2015 Maryland Code
Title 14 - MISCELLANEOUS CONSUMER PROTECTION PROVISIONS
Subtitle 33 - MARYLAND IMMIGRATION CONSULTANT ACT
§ 14-3303 - Prohibited activities of immigration consultant
An immigration consultant may not:
(1) Provide legal advice or legal services concerning an immigration matter;
(2) Make a misrepresentation or false statement to influence, persuade, or encourage a client to use services provided by the immigration consultant;
(3) Make a statement that the immigration consultant can or will obtain special favors from or has special influence with the United States Department of Homeland Security, the United States Department of Labor, the United States Department of State, the United States Department of Justice, or the United States Department of Commerce;
(4) Collect any fees or other compensation for services not yet performed;
(5) Refuse to return documents supplied by, prepared by, or paid for by a client, at the client's request; or
(6) Represent, advertise, or communicate in any manner that the immigration consultant possesses titles or credentials that would qualify the immigration consultant to provide legal advice or legal services.
Disclaimer: These codes may not be the most recent version. Maryland may have more current or accurate information. We make no warranties or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness, or adequacy of the information contained on this site or the information linked to on the state site. Please check official sources.