2013 Maryland Code
§ 8-503 - Power of Administration and political subdivisions to comply with federal acts
(a) The General Assembly of Maryland assents to the federal acts.
(b) The Administration, for itself or for any political subdivision of this State, and each political subdivision of this State may do anything necessary or desirable to comply with any term, condition, or provision and to obtain the benefits of any of the federal acts.
(c) The Administration may:
(1) Accept any federal funds available to this State under the federal acts, for the use of this State or any of its political subdivisions;
(2) In accordance with the federal acts, allocate and apportion these federal funds to itself and to the political subdivisions of this State;
(3) Represent any political subdivision of this State for the purpose of negotiating, contracting, or dealing with the federal government as to construction and reconstruction under the federal acts;
(4) Undertake all contracts, plans, specifications, and estimates relating to this construction and reconstruction; and
(5) Supervise directly the construction and reconstruction work done under the federal acts.
Disclaimer: These codes may not be the most recent version. Maryland may have more current or accurate information. We make no warranties or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness, or adequacy of the information contained on this site or the information linked to on the state site. Please check official sources.