2013 Maryland Code
§ 8-320 - Construction plans, plats, and estimates -- Preparation
(a) Before any property is condemned under this part, the Administration shall:
(1) Complete appropriate engineering and other studies; and
(2) Prepare a construction plan that shows:
(i) The location of the highway to be constructed, improved, or reconstructed;
(ii) The length of the construction; and
(iii) The width of the right-of-way necessary for the construction.
(b) After preparing the construction plan, the Administration shall prepare plats that include:
(1) The construction plan;
(2) The fee simple and easement area to be acquired, by showing:
(i) The centerline of the construction;
(ii) The length and termini of the construction; and
(iii) The width of the necessary right-of-way on either side of the centerline; and
(3) According to information obtained by the Administration, the property lines of the property owners whose property will be affected by the acquisition.
(c) After the plats are prepared, the Administration shall:
(1) Make the engineering and real estate studies, evaluations, and investigations necessary to determine, in its opinion:
(i) The fair value of the property to be acquired; and
(ii) The fair compensation for any resulting damages to the remaining property of the owner;
(2) Prepare an estimate of this fair value and fair compensation; and
(3) Provide for payment of these estimated amounts as required by § 8-323 of this subtitle.
Disclaimer: These codes may not be the most recent version. Maryland may have more current or accurate information. We make no warranties or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness, or adequacy of the information contained on this site or the information linked to on the state site. Please check official sources.