2013 Maryland Code
§ 8-314 - Land adjacent to federal-aid highways
(a) The purposes of this section are:
(1) To promote the public safety, convenience, and enjoyment of travel on and protect the public investment in the highways of this State;
(2) To restore, preserve, and enhance scenic beauty along these highways; and
(3) To enable this State to receive from and spend the nonmatching funds provided by the federal government under Title 23 of the United States Code.
(b) For the purposes specified in subsection (a) of this section, land may be acquired under this subtitle as the Administration considers necessary:
(1) To restore, preserve, or enhance scenic beauty along federal-aid highways in this State; or
(2) To construct publicly owned and controlled rest and recreation areas and sanitary and other facilities along the highway as necessary to accommodate the traveling public.
Disclaimer: These codes may not be the most recent version. Maryland may have more current or accurate information. We make no warranties or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness, or adequacy of the information contained on this site or the information linked to on the state site. Please check official sources.