2013 Maryland Code
§ 7-306 - Governmental participation in financing
(a) Subject to constitutional limitations, this State and its political subdivisions may:
(1) Make grants to the Administration;
(2) Guarantee any obligations of the Administration;
(3) Make contributions to meet any operating expenses of the Administration; and
(4) Contract with the Administration, any lender, or any trustee under an indenture or loan agreement made by the Administration.
(b) Unless otherwise authorized by law, the Administration:
(1) Does not have any power to impose any commitment or obligation on this State or any of its political subdivisions; and
(2) May not levy any tax.
Disclaimer: These codes may not be the most recent version. Maryland may have more current or accurate information. We make no warranties or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness, or adequacy of the information contained on this site or the information linked to on the state site. Please check official sources.