2013 Maryland Code
§ 7-1004 - Consultation with Department of Aging
(a) The Administration shall consult with the Department of Aging when considering the eligibility of a Program applicant for a grant under § 7-1003 of this subtitle.
(b) When awarding a grant under § 7-1003 of this subtitle, the Administration shall consider:
(1) The ability of the Program applicant to provide door-to-door transportation to low-income to moderate-income seniors;
(2) The projected volume of ridership;
(3) The Program applicant’s marketing and outreach plan to attract riders and drivers;
(4) The ability of the Program applicant to sustain door-to-door transportation for low-income to moderate-income seniors beyond the time when grants may be available;
(5) The ability of the Program applicant to coordinate its dispatcher system with a local central dispatcher system; and
(6) The extent to which the Program applicant encourages:
(i) Shared ridership;
(ii) Coordination between public and private sector transportation providers; and
(iii) Innovations in risk management for drivers and riders.
(c) In consultation with the Department of Aging, the Maryland Insurance Administration, and senior citizen advocacy groups, the Administration shall adopt regulations to implement this subtitle, including regulations governing:
(1) Criminal background and driving record checks of drivers;
(2) Driver and vehicle safety;
(3) Driver training; and
(4) The liability coverage of a Program applicant that provides door-to-door transportation under the Program.
Disclaimer: These codes may not be the most recent version. Maryland may have more current or accurate information. We make no warranties or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness, or adequacy of the information contained on this site or the information linked to on the state site. Please check official sources.