2013 Maryland Code
§ 6-212 - Conflicts of interest prohibited
(a) An agent or employee of the Administration or member of the Commission may not:
(1) Contract with the Administration;
(2) Have any direct or indirect interest in a contract with the Administration; or
(3) Have any direct or indirect interest in the sale or purchase by the Administration of any property.
(b) An agent, employee, member, or officer of a local port authority or local port commission may not:
(1) Contract with the authority or commission;
(2) Have any direct or indirect interest in a contract with the authority or commission;
(3) Have any direct or indirect interest in a company that does business with the authority or commission; or
(4) Have any direct or indirect interest in the sale or purchase by the authority or commission of any property.
(c) Any person who violates any provision of this section is guilty of a misdemeanor and on conviction is subject to a fine not exceeding $1,000 or imprisonment not exceeding 1 year or both.
§ 6-212 - 1. Post compliance audits
At his discretion, the Legislative Auditor may conduct an annual audit of a fiscal and compliance nature of the accounts and transactions of the Administration in place of conducting these audits on a biennial basis. Officials of the Administration shall be advised whether annual or biennial audits will be conducted. The cost of the fiscal portion of the post audit examinations shall be borne by the Administration.
Disclaimer: These codes may not be the most recent version. Maryland may have more current or accurate information. We make no warranties or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness, or adequacy of the information contained on this site or the information linked to on the state site. Please check official sources.