2013 Maryland Code
§ 5-506 - Board of Airport Zoning Appeals -- Establishment and administration
(a) There is a Board of Airport Zoning Appeals in the Department.
(b) (1) The Board consists of 10 members appointed by the Governor with the advice of the Secretary and the advice and consent of the Senate.
(2) Of the members of the Board:
(i) Three shall be residents of Anne Arundel County;
(ii) Three shall be residents of Baltimore County;
(iii) Two shall be residents of Howard County; and
(iv) Two, including the Chairman, shall be residents of a county other than those counties specified in items (i), (ii), and (iii) of this paragraph.
(3) The Governor shall designate one of the members of the Board as its Chairman.
(c) (1) Each member serves for a term of 4 years and until his successor is appointed and qualifies. The terms of the members are staggered as required by the terms provided for members of the Board on July 1, 1982.
(2) A member appointed to fill a vacancy in an unexpired term serves only for the remainder of that term.
(d) The Department may employ the personnel necessary to enable the Board to exercise its powers and perform its duties properly.
(e) A member or employee of the Board is entitled to the compensation provided in the State budget. A member of the Board also is entitled to reimbursement for expenses, in accordance with the Standard State Travel Regulations of the Department of Budget and Management.
(f) The Board has the powers and duties set forth in § 5-507 of this subtitle and shall comply with all the applicable provisions of Subtitle 6 of this title.
(g) The Board shall sit in panels as follows:
(1) If an application for a variance or an appeal to the Board concerns property located in Anne Arundel County or Howard County, the Board panel shall consist of all members except those who are from Baltimore County; and
(2) If an application for a variance or an appeal to the Board concerns property located in Baltimore County, the Board panel shall consist of all members except those who are from Anne Arundel County and Howard County.
Disclaimer: These codes may not be the most recent version. Maryland may have more current or accurate information. We make no warranties or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness, or adequacy of the information contained on this site or the information linked to on the state site. Please check official sources.