2013 Maryland Code
§ 5-209 - Investigations, inquiries, and hearings
(a) The Executive Director or any officer or employee of the Administration designated by the Executive Director may conduct investigations, inquiries, and hearings as to:
(1) Any matter covered by this title or by a rule, regulation, or order of the Administration; or
(2) Any aeronautics accident in this State.
(b) Hearings shall be:
(1) Open to the public; and
(2) Except as provided in § 5-210 of this subtitle, held on such notice as the Executive Director considers advisable.
(c) The Executive Director or his designee may:
(1) Administer oaths;
(2) Certify to all official acts; and
(3) Issue subpoenas and orders for the attendance and testimony of witnesses and the production of papers, books, and documents.
(d) (1) If a person fails to comply with any subpoena or order issued under this section, the Executive Director or his designee may invoke the aid of a court of competent jurisdiction.
(2) The court may order that person to obey the subpoena or order or to give evidence about the matter in question.
Disclaimer: These codes may not be the most recent version. Maryland may have more current or accurate information. We make no warranties or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness, or adequacy of the information contained on this site or the information linked to on the state site. Please check official sources.