2013 Maryland Code
§ 5-204 - General powers and duties of Administration
(a) In addition to the specific powers granted and duties imposed by this title, the Administration has the powers and duties set forth in this section.
(b) The Administration has general supervision over aeronautics in this State.
(c) The Administration shall:
(1) Encourage, foster, and assist in the development of aeronautics in this State;
(2) Encourage the establishment of airports, airport facilities, and air navigation facilities; and
(3) Cooperate with and assist the federal government, any political subdivision of this State, and any other person in the development of aeronautics, and coordinate the aeronautical activities of these bodies and persons.
(d) With the approval of the Secretary, the Administration may:
(1) Recommend necessary legislation to advance the interests of this State in aeronautics;
(2) Represent this State in aeronautics matters before any agency of this or any other state or of the federal government;
(3) Participate on behalf of this State or any political subdivision or citizen of this State as party plaintiff or defendant or as intervenor in any controversy that involves the interest of this State in aeronautics; and
(4) Adopt rules and regulations for the functioning and administration of the Administration.
Disclaimer: These codes may not be the most recent version. Maryland may have more current or accurate information. We make no warranties or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness, or adequacy of the information contained on this site or the information linked to on the state site. Please check official sources.