2013 Maryland Code
§ 4-202 - Chairman; composition; tenure; vacancies; compensation and expenses
(a) The Secretary of Transportation is the Chairman of the Authority.
(b) (1) In addition to the Chairman, the Authority consists of eight members appointed by the Governor with the advice and consent of the Senate.
(2) The appointed members of the Authority may not be employees of the Executive Branch of the State government.
(3) Of the appointed members:
(i) One shall have expertise in structural engineering;
(ii) One shall have expertise in transportation planning;
(iii) One shall have expertise in land use planning; and
(iv) One shall have expertise in finance.
(4) The appointed members of the Authority shall reflect the racial, gender, and geographic diversity of the population of the State.
(c) (1) Each appointed member serves for a term of 4 years and until a successor is appointed and qualifies.
(2) The terms of the appointed members are staggered as required by the terms provided for members of the Authority on January 1, 2007.
(3) An appointed member may not serve more than three consecutive terms.
(4) A member appointed to fill a vacancy in an unexpired term serves only for the remainder of that term.
(d) A member of the Authority is entitled to:
(1) The compensation provided in the State budget; and
(2) Reimbursement for expenses, in accordance with the Standard State Travel Regulations of the Department of Budget and Management.
Disclaimer: These codes may not be the most recent version. Maryland may have more current or accurate information. We make no warranties or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness, or adequacy of the information contained on this site or the information linked to on the state site. Please check official sources.