2013 Maryland Code
§ 25-208 - Special provisions for vehicles abandoned in garages
(a) In this section, “abandoned” means abandoned in a garage, as described in § 25-201(b)(4), (5), or (6) of this subtitle.
(b) (1) A garage keeper shall report any vehicle abandoned in the garage to the appropriate police department.
(2) Any garage keeper who fails to report the vehicle within 10 days after it becomes abandoned no longer has any claim for servicing, storage, or repair of the vehicle.
(c) The police department may take the abandoned vehicle into custody and sell it in accordance with the procedures set forth in this subtitle, unless:
(1) The vehicle is reclaimed by the owner or secured party; and
(2) The garage keeper is paid.
(d) As to the proceeds of the sale:
(1) They shall be applied, first, to the garage keeper’s charges for servicing, storage, or repair; and
(2) Any surplus proceeds shall be distributed in accordance with § 25-207(d) of this subtitle.
(e) This section does not impair any:
(1) Lien of a garage keeper under the laws of this State; or
(2) The right of any secured party to foreclose.
Disclaimer: These codes may not be the most recent version. Maryland may have more current or accurate information. We make no warranties or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness, or adequacy of the information contained on this site or the information linked to on the state site. Please check official sources.