2013 Maryland Code
§ 23-402 - Established
(a) (1) The Secretary of the Environment, the Secretary of State Police, and the Secretary of Transportation shall jointly establish, by regulation, a Diesel Vehicle Emissions Control Program.
(2) The Secretary of the Environment, the Secretary of State Police, and the Secretary of Transportation shall jointly adopt regulations to implement, administer, regulate, and enforce the provisions of this subtitle.
(b) Regulations adopted under this subtitle shall establish requirements for:
(1) Establishing diesel vehicle emissions standards;
(2) Emissions tests for diesel vehicles that may include direct emissions measurements;
(3) Emissions test equipment;
(4) Subject to § 23-403 of this subtitle, establishing emissions test procedures, based on information available from the U.S. Environmental Protection Agency and information regarding standards issued by the Society of Automotive Engineers, that provide for conducting an emissions test; and
(5) Establishing certification requirements for emissions inspectors.
Disclaimer: These codes may not be the most recent version. Maryland may have more current or accurate information. We make no warranties or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness, or adequacy of the information contained on this site or the information linked to on the state site. Please check official sources.