2013 Maryland Code
§ 23-301 - Definitions
(a) In this subtitle the following words have the meanings indicated.
(b) “Equipment” includes all mechanisms that form part of or relate to vehicle equipment.
(c) “Hazardous materials inspector” means a person who is assigned by the Department of the Environment and certified by the Department of State Police to perform an inspection authorized under this subtitle.
(d) “Public Service Commission inspector” means a person who is assigned by the Public Service Commission and certified by the Department of State Police to perform an inspection authorized under this subtitle.
(e) “State Police officer” means:
(1) Any uniformed law enforcement officer of the Department of State Police; or
(2) Any civilian employee of the Department of State Police assigned to enforce any rule or regulation adopted under this subtitle, but only while acting under written authorization of the Secretary of State Police.
(f) “Vehicle” means any vehicle registered in this State as:
(1) A Class E (truck) vehicle with a registered, operating, or rated gross vehicle weight of over 10,000 pounds;
(2) A Class F (tractor) vehicle;
(3) A Class G (trailer or semitrailer) vehicle with a registered, operating, or rated gross vehicle weight over 10,000 pounds;
(4) A Class P (passenger bus) vehicle; or
(5) A Class M (multipurpose) vehicle that:
(i) Is used primarily to transport passengers; and
(ii) 1. Is designed to transport 16 passengers or more, including the driver; or
2. Was previously registered under § 13-932 or § 13-933 of this article.
Disclaimer: These codes may not be the most recent version. Maryland may have more current or accurate information. We make no warranties or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness, or adequacy of the information contained on this site or the information linked to on the state site. Please check official sources.