2013 Maryland Code
§ 21-805 - Display of "slow moving vehicle" emblem
(a) (1) This subsection does not apply to:
(i) Vehicles used by any utility in the construction, maintenance, or repair of its facilities;
(ii) Vehicles used by any highway authority or bridge or highway district in construction, maintenance, repair, inspection, or survey work; or
(iii) Low speed vehicles.
(2) A person may not drive on a highway any vehicle or combination of vehicles that is designed to be and is driven at a speed of 25 miles an hour or less, unless the rearmost vehicle displays a slow moving vehicle emblem in accordance with this section.
(b) Any other vehicle or combination of vehicles, when driven at a speed of 25 miles an hour or less, may display a slow moving vehicle emblem in accordance with this section.
(c) The slow moving vehicle emblem specified in this section shall:
(1) Be a truncated equilateral triangle at least 14 inches high with a red reflective border at least 1.75 inches wide and with a fluorescent orange center;
(2) Comply with current standards and specifications of the American Society of Agricultural Engineers; and
(3) Be mounted on the rear of the vehicle, base down, at a height of not less than 3 nor more than 5 feet from ground to base.
(d) New farm equipment designed or intended by the manufacturer to be driven or moved at a speed of 25 miles an hour or less may not be sold in this State unless it is equipped by the manufacturer with a slow moving vehicle emblem in accordance with this section.
(e) The slow moving vehicle emblem shall be displayed and maintained on the farm equipment as long as it can be driven or moved on a highway.
(f) The slow moving vehicle emblem described in this section may be displayed only as permitted or required by this section.
§ 21-805 - 1. Driving a limited speed vehicle
(a) Display of emblem required. -- A person may not drive a vehicle that is designed with a maximum speed of more than 25 miles per hour and less than 55 miles per hour on a highway unless the vehicle properly displays a limited speed vehicle emblem in accordance with this section.
(b) Emblem. -- A limited speed vehicle emblem required under this section shall be:
(1) A truncated equilateral triangle that is at least 14 inches high with a red reflective border that is at least 1.75 inches wide and with a fluorescent green center; and
(2) Permanently affixed to the rear of the vehicle, with the base down and at a height of between 3 feet and 5 feet above the ground.
Disclaimer: These codes may not be the most recent version. Maryland may have more current or accurate information. We make no warranties or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness, or adequacy of the information contained on this site or the information linked to on the state site. Please check official sources.