2013 Maryland Code
§ 21-1010 - Parking commercial vehicles in residential areas in Prince George's County.
(a) In this section, “commercial vehicle” means a vehicle that:
(1) Is used to transport property;
(2) Is owned by, or used in conjunction with, a business enterprise; and
(3) Is of a type capable of being registered:
(i) Other than under § 13-917 of this article, as a Class E (truck) vehicle under this article;
(ii) As a Class F (tractor) vehicle under this article; or
(iii) As a Class G (trailer) vehicle under this article.
(b) This section does not apply to any vehicle that is of a type capable of being registered:
(1) As a Class A (passenger) vehicle under § 13-912 of this article; or
(2) As a Class E (truck) vehicle under § 13-917 of this article.
(c) This section does not apply in any municipal corporation in Prince George’s County.
(d) (1) Except as provided in paragraph (2) of this subsection, in Prince George’s County, a person may not park a commercial vehicle on any street, highway, driveway, or other property in an area specified as a residential zone under the zoning regulations of Prince George’s County.
(2) This subsection does not apply if the parking of the commercial vehicle is essential to the immediate use then being made of the commercial vehicle in conjunction with a commercial transaction for a business enterprise.
(e) (1) Subject to paragraphs (2) and (3) of this subsection, a person who violates this section is guilty of a misdemeanor and on conviction is subject to a fine of $500.
(2) In the case of a combination tractor and trailer, a person who violates this section is subject to a separate fine for each vehicle.
(3) For the purpose of determining the penalty under this section, each day of a violation is a separate offense.
Disclaimer: These codes may not be the most recent version. Maryland may have more current or accurate information. We make no warranties or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness, or adequacy of the information contained on this site or the information linked to on the state site. Please check official sources.