2013 Maryland Code
§ 20-107 - Written accident report by drivers and owners
(a) The driver of each vehicle involved in an accident that results in bodily injury to or death of any person shall, within 15 days after the accident, report the matter in writing to the Administration.
(b) The driver of each vehicle involved in an accident that results in bodily injury or death of any person shall, within 15 days after the accident, file with the report evidence of liability insurance or other security that satisfies the requirements of Title 17 of this article.
(c) In addition to any other information required by the Administration, the evidence required under subsection (b) of this section shall contain:
(1) The name and address of the insurance carrier or other provider of security for the person making the report;
(2) The policy or other identifying number of the liability insurance or other security; and
(3) The name and address of the local insurance producer for the insurance carrier or other provider of security.
(d) If the driver is physically incapable of making the report or is unavailable or refuses to do so, the Administration in its discretion may require instead a report of the accident from the owner of the vehicle involved in the accident. In that case, the owner shall report the matter and file the evidence of insurance as required of the driver.
(e) The Administration may require the driver or owner of the vehicle to file supplemental written reports if, in its opinion, the original report is insufficient.
(f) A written accident report is not required under this section:
(1) If the accident has been investigated by a police officer and a report by the police officer has been filed with the Department of State Police; or
(2) From any person while that person is physically incapable of making the report.
Disclaimer: These codes may not be the most recent version. Maryland may have more current or accurate information. We make no warranties or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness, or adequacy of the information contained on this site or the information linked to on the state site. Please check official sources.