2013 Maryland Code
§ 20-105 - Duty on striking unattended vehicle or other property
(a) The driver of each vehicle involved in an accident that results in damage to an unattended vehicle or other unattended property immediately shall stop the vehicle as close as possible to the scene of the accident, without obstructing traffic more than necessary.
(b) Subject to the provisions of subsection (c) of this section, the driver of each vehicle involved in an accident that results in damage to an unattended vehicle or other unattended property shall attempt to locate the driver, owner, or person in charge of the damaged vehicle or other property and notify him of:
(1) His name and address;
(2) The registration number of the vehicle he is driving; and
(3) The name and address of the owner of that vehicle.
(c) If the driver, owner, or person in charge of the damaged vehicle or other property cannot be located, leave in a conspicuous, secure place in or on the damaged vehicle or other property a written notice giving the same information.
§ 20-105 - 1. Information in addition to that required by §§ 20-104 and 20-105
(a) Insurance information required. -- In addition to the information that is required to be given under §§ 20-104 and 20-105 of this title, the driver of each vehicle involved in an accident under either of those sections shall also give the following information:
(1) Name and address of the insurance carrier or other provider of security for the person giving the information;
(2) Policy or other identifying number of the liability insurance or other security, if it is available;
(3) Name and address of the local insurance producer or local office of the insurance carrier or other provider of security, if it is available; and
(4) For a vehicle that is self-insured under the Administration's self-insurance program, evidence of self-insurance in the form required by the Administration.
(b) Regulations. --
(1) The Administration shall adopt regulations that:
(i) Establish the form and content of the evidence of self-insurance required under subsection (a)(4) of this section; and
(ii) Require each self-insurer to maintain the evidence of self-insurance in each vehicle covered under the self-insurer's self-insurance certificate.
(2) Regulations adopted by the Administration under paragraph (1) of this subsection shall require the evidence of self-insurance to include:
(i) The name, address, and self-insurance certificate number of the self-insurer;
(ii) The name, address, and telephone number of the self-insurer's third party administrator or third party adjuster; and
(iii) The vehicle identification number of the self-insured vehicle.
(c) To whom given. -- The information specified in subsections (a) and (b) of this section shall be given to any person required to be notified under § 20-104 or § 20-105 of this title.
Disclaimer: These codes may not be the most recent version. Maryland may have more current or accurate information. We make no warranties or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness, or adequacy of the information contained on this site or the information linked to on the state site. Please check official sources.