2013 Maryland Code
§ 2-701 - Legislative findings
(a) The General Assembly finds that the State must have sustainable communities in order to:
(1) Preserve and protect the State’s natural resources; and
(2) Achieve the State’s economic growth, resource protection, and planning policy in § 5-7A-01 of the State Finance and Procurement Article.
(b) The General Assembly finds that sustainable communities are places where public and private investments and partnerships achieve:
(1) Development of a healthy local economy;
(2) Protection and appreciation of historic and cultural resources;
(3) A mix of land uses;
(4) Affordable and sustainable housing and job options; and
(5) Growth and development practices that protect the environment and conserve air, water, and energy resources, encourage walkability and recreational opportunities, and, where available, create access to transit.
Disclaimer: These codes may not be the most recent version. Maryland may have more current or accurate information. We make no warranties or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness, or adequacy of the information contained on this site or the information linked to on the state site. Please check official sources.