2013 Maryland Code
§ 16-811 - Issuance of license generally
(a) An applicant is entitled to receive the commercial driver’s license applied for if the applicant:
(1) Passes the examination required by this subtitle;
(2) Is eligible to drive pursuant to the Commercial Driver’s License Information System and the National Driver Register;
(3) Surrenders any previously issued commercial driver’s instructional permit or license; and
(4) Pays the fees prescribed by this subtitle.
(b) (1) Each commercial driver’s license issued by the Administration shall be identified clearly as to its specific class. A Class M license may be issued in combination with any other class of license.
(2) The Administration shall assign an identifying number to each license it issues.
(c) Each commercial driver’s license issued by the Administration shall:
(1) Be marked “commercial driver’s license” or “CDL”; and
(2) Include the following information:
(i) The licensee’s:
1. Full name and current mailing address;
2. Physical description including sex, height, and weight;
3. Color photograph or photo-image;
(ii) The date of issuance;
(iii) The date of expiration; and
(iv) Any other information required by the Code of Federal Regulations or the Administration.
(d) Before issuing a commercial driver’s license, the Administration shall obtain driving record information from the National Driver Register and any state in which the individual has been licensed.
(e) Within 10 days after issuing a commercial driver’s license, the Administration shall notify the Commercial Driver’s License Information System of that fact, providing all information required to ensure the identification of the licensee.
Disclaimer: These codes may not be the most recent version. Maryland may have more current or accurate information. We make no warranties or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness, or adequacy of the information contained on this site or the information linked to on the state site. Please check official sources.