2013 Maryland Code
§ 16-806 - Duties of employers
(a) Each employer shall require the information specified in § 16-805(c) of this subtitle to be provided by the applicant.
(b) An employer may not knowingly allow, require, permit, or authorize a driver to drive a commercial motor vehicle in the United States:
(1) During any period in which the driver has a driver’s license suspended, revoked, or canceled by a state or has lost the privilege to operate a commercial motor vehicle in a state;
(2) During any period in which the driver has been disqualified from driving a commercial motor vehicle;
(3) During any period in which the driver has more than 1 driver’s license;
(4) During any period in which the driver, the motor vehicle he or she is driving, or the motor carrier operation, is subject to an out-of-service order; or
(5) In violation of any of the provisions of §§ 21-701 through 21-704 of this article pertaining to railroad crossings or any other federal, state, or local law or regulation substantially similar to a provision of §§ 21-701 through 21-704 of this article, pertaining to railroad grade crossings.
Disclaimer: These codes may not be the most recent version. Maryland may have more current or accurate information. We make no warranties or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness, or adequacy of the information contained on this site or the information linked to on the state site. Please check official sources.