2013 Maryland Code
§ 15-511 - Required records of acquisition
(a) Each automotive dismantler and recycler and each scrap processor shall keep an accurate and complete record of all vehicles acquired in his business.
(b) The records shall contain, for each vehicle acquired:
(1) The name and address of the person from whom the vehicle was acquired;
(2) The date on which it was acquired;
(3) Documentary evidence acceptable to the Administration of ownership of the vehicle; and
(4) Any other information that the Administration requires.
(c) (1) Except as provided in paragraph (3) of this subsection, within 30 days after an automotive dismantler and recycler or scrap processor acquires title to a vehicle, the automotive dismantler and recycler or scrap processor shall, electronically and in a form prescribed by the Administration, notify the Administration or the Administration’s designee of the acquisition.
(2) Immediately after giving the notice required under paragraph (1) of this subsection, the automotive dismantler and recycler or scrap processor may dispose of the vehicle for dismantling or scrapping.
(3) Paragraph (1) of this subsection does not apply to a vehicle acquired through a salvage certificate issued by the Administration or by the appropriate government agency of another state.
Disclaimer: These codes may not be the most recent version. Maryland may have more current or accurate information. We make no warranties or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness, or adequacy of the information contained on this site or the information linked to on the state site. Please check official sources.