2013 Maryland Code
§ 15-201 - Definitions
(a) In this subtitle the following words have the meanings indicated.
(b) “Distributor” means a distributor who is authorized by the manufacturer or the manufacturer’s authorized importer to enter into franchise agreements with dealers of:
(1) New motor vehicles constructed or assembled outside of the United States; or
(2) New two-stage vehicles completed outside of the United States by a second-stage manufacturer.
(c) “Factory branch” means a branch office of a manufacturer from which the manufacturer:
(1) Sells or promotes the sale to dealers in this State of a particular brand or make of new motor vehicles, or new completed two-stage vehicles;
(2) Directs and supervises its representatives in this State; or
(3) Supervises or contacts its dealers or prospective dealers in this State.
(d) “License” means a manufacturer’s, distributor’s, or factory branch’s license issued by the Administration under this subtitle.
(e) “Manufacturer” means:
(1) A manufacturer of new motor vehicles constructed or assembled in the United States;
(2) A second-stage manufacturer of new two-stage vehicles completed in the United States; and
(3) In the case of trucks, a person engaged in the business of manufacturing truck component parts.
(f) “Second-stage manufacturer” has the meaning stated in § 13-113.2 of this article.
Disclaimer: These codes may not be the most recent version. Maryland may have more current or accurate information. We make no warranties or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness, or adequacy of the information contained on this site or the information linked to on the state site. Please check official sources.