2013 Maryland Code
§ 13-955 - Maryland Emergency Medical System Operations Fund
(a) In this section, “Fund” means the Maryland Emergency Medical System Operations Fund.
(b) (1) There is a Maryland Emergency Medical System Operations Fund.
(2) The Fund is a continuing, nonlapsing fund which is not subject to § 7-302 of the State Finance and Procurement Article.
(3) Interest and earnings on the Fund shall be separately accounted for and credited to the Fund, and are not subject to § 6-226(a) of the State Finance and Procurement Article.
(c) The Fund consists of:
(1) Registration surcharges collected under § 13-954 of this subtitle;
(2) All funds, including charges for accident scene transports and interhospital transfers of patients, generated by an entity specified in subsection (e) of this section that is a unit of State government; and
(3) Revenues distributed to the Fund from the surcharges collected under § 7-301(f) of the Courts Article.
(d) Expenditures from the Fund shall be made pursuant to an appropriation approved by the General Assembly in the annual State budget or by the budget amendment procedure provided under § 7-209 of the State Finance and Procurement Article, provided that any budget amendment shall be submitted to and approved by the Legislative Policy Committee prior to the expenditure or obligation of funds.
(e) The money in the Fund shall be used solely for:
(1) Medically oriented functions of the Department of State Police, Special Operations Bureau, Aviation Division;
(2) The Maryland Institute for Emergency Medical Services Systems;
(3) The R Adams Cowley Shock Trauma Center at the University of Maryland Medical System;
(4) The Maryland Fire and Rescue Institute;
(5) The provision of grants under the Senator William H. Amoss Fire, Rescue, and Ambulance Fund in accordance with the provisions of Title 8, Subtitle 1 of the Public Safety Article; and
(6) The Volunteer Company Assistance Fund in accordance with the provisions of Title 8, Subtitle 2 of the Public Safety Article.
Disclaimer: These codes may not be the most recent version. Maryland may have more current or accurate information. We make no warranties or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness, or adequacy of the information contained on this site or the information linked to on the state site. Please check official sources.