2013 Maryland Code
§ 13-921 - Single unit (two or more axles): Class E (truck) vehicles -- Farm truck registration
(a) In this section, “farm truck” means a farm vehicle that:
(1) Is a Class E (truck) vehicle; and
(2) Has a shipping weight of its chassis and battery, as certified by the manufacturer, of more than 3/4 ton.
(b) On application, the Administration shall issue a Class E “farm truck registration” to any applicant who certifies:
(1) That the applicant is a farmer; and
(2) That the vehicle for which the application is made is a farm truck, specifying its proposed use.
(c) For each vehicle registered under this section, the annual registration fee is based on the maximum gross vehicle weight, as follows:
Maximum Gross Weight
Fee (per 1,000 Pounds
10,000 (minimum) - 40,000
40,001 - 65,000 (maximum)
(d) Except as provided in § 8-602(c) of this article, a vehicle registered under this section may not be used:
(1) For hire except to haul farm products for another farmer; or
(2) In any manner other than as a farm truck.
Disclaimer: These codes may not be the most recent version. Maryland may have more current or accurate information. We make no warranties or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness, or adequacy of the information contained on this site or the information linked to on the state site. Please check official sources.