2013 Maryland Code
§ 13-610 - Electronic transmission of titling and registration information
(a) (1) In this section the following words have the meanings indicated.
(2) “Fleet” means 10 or more vehicles.
(3) “Qualified owner” means a person, partnership, firm, or corporation, or an individual agent of a person, partnership, firm, or corporation, authorized by the Administration to transmit electronically proper titling and registration information and fees to the Administration.
(4) “Service provider” means a dealer or title service agent licensed under Title 15 of this article or a qualified owner of a fleet.
(b) Subject to the approval of the Administration, a service provider may:
(1) Issue permanent registration plates to the transferee or renew the registration of a vehicle if the service provider has electronically transmitted the proper titling and registration information to the Administration, or an agent designated by the Administration; and
(2) Charge the transferee or the registered owner of the vehicle a fee for the actual cost to the service provider of the electronic transmission service described in item (1) of this subsection.
(c) The Administration shall adopt regulations to:
(1) Govern the electronic transmission of titling and registration information authorized under this section; and
(2) Determine the appropriate level of the fee that may be charged by service providers for the electronic transmission service.
Disclaimer: These codes may not be the most recent version. Maryland may have more current or accurate information. We make no warranties or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness, or adequacy of the information contained on this site or the information linked to on the state site. Please check official sources.