2013 Maryland Code
§ 11-145 - Pedestrian
“Pedestrian” means an individual afoot.
§ 11-145 - 1. Plug-in electric drive vehicle.
(a) "Plug-in electric drive vehicle" defined. -- "Plug-in electric drive vehicle" means a motor vehicle that:
(1) Is made by a manufacturer;
(2) Is manufactured primarily for use on public streets, roads, and highways;
(3) Is rated at not more than 8,500 pounds unloaded gross vehicle weight;
(4) Has a maximum speed capability of at least 55 miles per hour; and
(5) Is propelled to a significant extent by an electric motor that draws electricity from a battery that:
(i) Has a capacity of not less than 4 kilowatt-hours for 4-wheeled motor vehicles and not less than 2.5 kilowatt-hours for 2-wheeled or 3-wheeled motor vehicles; and
(ii) Is capable of being recharged from an external source of electricity.
(b) Included vehicles. -- "Plug-in electric drive vehicle" includes a qualifying vehicle that has been modified from original manufacturer specifications.
Disclaimer: These codes may not be the most recent version. Maryland may have more current or accurate information. We make no warranties or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness, or adequacy of the information contained on this site or the information linked to on the state site. Please check official sources.