2013 Maryland Code
§ 11-136 - Motorcycle
(a) “Motorcycle” means a motor vehicle that:
(1) Has motive power;
(2) Has a seat or saddle for the use of the rider;
(3) Is designed to travel:
(i) On not more than three wheels in contact with the ground; and
(ii) At speeds exceeding 35 miles per hour; and
(4) Is of a type required to comply with all motor vehicle safety standards applicable to motorcycles under federal law.
(b) A detachable sidecar is an accessory to and not a part of a motorcycle.
§ 11-136 - 1. Moving violation
"Moving violation" means:
(1) A moving violation as defined in regulations adopted by the Administration for the purpose of assessing points under § 16-402 of this article; or
(2) A violation of a substantially similar nature reported from another jurisdiction, other than a violation of the jurisdiction's size, weight, load, equipment, or inspection provisions.
§ 11-136 - 2. Multipurpose passenger vehicle
"Multipurpose passenger vehicle" means a motor vehicle that:
(1) Is designed primarily for carrying persons and which is constructed on a truck chassis or with special features for occasional off-road operations;
(2) Has 3 wheels; or
(3) Is of a unique design that does not clearly meet the requirements of any other class, as determined by the Administrator.
Disclaimer: These codes may not be the most recent version. Maryland may have more current or accurate information. We make no warranties or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness, or adequacy of the information contained on this site or the information linked to on the state site. Please check official sources.