2013 Maryland Code
§ 11-134 - Mobile home
“Mobile home” means:
(1) A trailer or semitrailer that is designed, constructed, and equipped as a permanent or temporary living or sleeping place and for use as a conveyance on highways, but that does not qualify as a camping trailer or a travel trailer as these terms are defined in this subtitle; or
(2) A trailer or a semitrailer that has a chassis and exterior shell designed and constructed as described in item (1) of this section, but that is used instead, either permanently or temporarily, for the advertising, sale, display, or promotion of merchandise or services, as an office, or for any other similar purpose, except the transportation of property for hire or the transportation of property for distribution by a private carrier.
§ 11-134 - 1. Moped
"Moped" means a bicycle that:
(1) Is designed to be operated by human power with the assistance of a motor;
(2) Is equipped with pedals that mechanically drive the rear wheel or wheels;
(3) Has two or three wheels, of which one is more than 14 inches in diameter; and
(4) Has a motor with a rating of 1.5 brake horsepower or less and, if the motor is an internal combustion engine, a capacity of 50 cubic centimeters piston displacement or less.
§ 11-134 - 2. Motor carrier
(a) In general. -- "Motor carrier" means a common carrier by motor vehicle, a contract carrier by motor vehicle, or a private carrier of persons or property by motor vehicle.
(b) Owners, agents, officers, etc. -- "Motor carrier" includes a motor carrier's owners, agents, officers, representatives, and employees.
§ 11-134 - 3. Motor home
"Motor home" means a motor vehicle that is designed and constructed primarily to provide living quarters for recreational, camping, or travel use.
§ 11-134 - 4. Motorized minibike.
(a) In general. -- "Motorized minibike" means a motor vehicle that:
(1) Has two or three wheels; and
(2) Is not subject to registration under Title 13 of this article.
(b) Exclusions. -- "Motorized minibike" does not include:
(1) A motor scooter;
(2) A moped; or
(3) A farm tractor.
§ 11-134 - 5. Motor scooter
(a) In general. -- "Motor scooter" means a nonpedal vehicle that:
(1) Has a seat for the operator;
(2) Has two wheels, of which one is 10 inches or more in diameter;
(3) Has a step-through chassis;
(4) Has a motor:
(i) With a rating of 2.7 brake horsepower or less; or
(ii) If the motor is an internal combustion engine, with a capacity of 50 cubic centimeters piston displacement or less; and
(5) Is equipped with an automatic transmission.
(b) Off-road vehicles. -- "Motor scooter" does not include a vehicle that has been manufactured for off-road use, including a motorcycle and an all-terrain vehicle.
Disclaimer: These codes may not be the most recent version. Maryland may have more current or accurate information. We make no warranties or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness, or adequacy of the information contained on this site or the information linked to on the state site. Please check official sources.