2013 Maryland Code
§ 25-605 - Regulations.
(a) The county planning board and the District shall adopt regulations to carry out this subtitle.
(b) The regulations shall:
(1) establish an application process for the Program;
(2) establish criteria for assigning priorities to applications for easements to purchase;
(3) establish a process for negotiating the purchase of easements;
(4) allow the District to procure any appraisals necessary for valuation of each easement; and
(5) specify a method for appraising and valuing easements to encourage landowners to participate in the Program and maximize the acreage for easements to be purchased.
(c) The regulations may provide for the adjudication and appeal of any disputed easement valuation by the county Property Tax Assessment Appeal Board in accordance with § 2-511 of the Agriculture Article.
Disclaimer: These codes may not be the most recent version. Maryland may have more current or accurate information. We make no warranties or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness, or adequacy of the information contained on this site or the information linked to on the state site. Please check official sources.