2013 Maryland Code
§ 23-505 - Civil fines and penalties.
(a) In addition to all other remedies provided by law, the district council may authorize the county planning board to impose civil monetary fines or penalties and, if the public health, safety, or welfare is threatened, issue stop work orders for a violation of:
(1) this division;
(2) county subdivision regulations and zoning laws;
(3) any law or regulation that the Commission or the county planning board is exclusively authorized to administer; or
(4) any decision made by the Commission or the county planning board under its respective authority.
(b) (1) A fine not to exceed $500 may be imposed for each violation under this part.
(2) The district council may establish a schedule of fines for each violation and may adopt procedures, consistent with this part, for imposing and collecting the fines.
(3) Each day a violation occurs is a separate violation under this part.
Disclaimer: These codes may not be the most recent version. Maryland may have more current or accurate information. We make no warranties or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness, or adequacy of the information contained on this site or the information linked to on the state site. Please check official sources.