2013 Maryland Code
§ 11-103 - Remedies.
(a) In addition to any other available remedy, a local jurisdiction may institute any appropriate action or proceeding to:
(1) prevent the unlawful construction, alteration, repair, conversion, maintenance, or use of a building, structure, sign, or land in violation of this division or of a local law enacted or regulation adopted under this division;
(2) restrain, correct, or abate the violation;
(3) prevent the occupancy of the building, structure, or land; or
(4) prevent any illegal act, conduct, business, or use in or about the premises.
(b) Notwithstanding subsection (a) of this section, a local jurisdiction may not institute an action or proceeding to:
(1) abate a transfer that has been completed; or
(2) prevent the occupancy of a building, structure, or land involved in the transfer as a result of a violation of § 5-301 or § 5-302 of this article.
Disclaimer: These codes may not be the most recent version. Maryland may have more current or accurate information. We make no warranties or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness, or adequacy of the information contained on this site or the information linked to on the state site. Please check official sources.