2013 Maryland Code
§ 9-203 - Scope of subtitle
(a) This subtitle applies to a person that:
(1) has done, purports to do, is doing, or is licensed to do an insurance business; and
(2) is subject to the insurance supervisory authority of, or to liquidation, rehabilitation, reorganization, or conservation by, the Commissioner or equivalent insurance supervisory official of another state.
(b) The provisions of this subtitle that apply to insurers also apply to:
(1) a corporation that operates a nonprofit health service plan under Title 14, Subtitle 1 of this article;
(2) an insurer that is doing or has done insurance business in the State and against whom claims arising from that insurance business may exist now or in the future;
(3) a person that purports to do insurance business in the State;
(4) an insurer that has an insured resident or located in the State;
(5) a person organized or in the process of organizing with intent to do insurance business in the State; and
(6) a person that does, or has done, any of the acts of an insurance business specified in § 4-205 of this article.
Disclaimer: These codes may not be the most recent version. Maryland may have more current or accurate information. We make no warranties or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness, or adequacy of the information contained on this site or the information linked to on the state site. Please check official sources.