2013 Maryland Code
§ 8-516 - Records of reinsurance manager
(a) A reinsurance manager shall keep a record of each transaction that relates to a contract of reinsurance transacted by the reinsurance manager for at least 10 years after the contract expires.
(b) For each contract of reinsurance, the record required by this section shall include:
(1) the type of contract, limits, underwriting restrictions, classes or risks, and territory;
(2) the period of coverage, including effective and expiration dates, cancellation provisions, required notice of cancellation, and disposition of outstanding reserves on covered risks;
(3) the requirements for reporting and settling balances;
(4) the rate used to compute the reinsurance premium;
(5) the names and addresses of assuming reinsurers;
(6) the rates of all reinsurance commissions, including commissions on any retrocessions handled by the reinsurance manager;
(7) proof of placement;
(8) details of retrocessions handled by the reinsurance manager, including the identity of retrocessionaires and the percentage of each contract assumed or ceded;
(9) financial records, including premium and loss accounts; and
(10) any related correspondence and memoranda.
(c) In addition to the records required by this section, a reinsurance manager shall keep written evidence that the assuming reinsurer:
(1) has agreed to accept the risk, if the reinsurance manager, while acting for a ceding authorized insurer, procured a reinsurance contract directly from an assuming reinsurer; and
(2) has delegated binding authority to its representative, if the reinsurance manager, while acting for a ceding authorized insurer, procures a reinsurance contract from a representative, other than an employee, of an assuming reinsurer.
Disclaimer: These codes may not be the most recent version. Maryland may have more current or accurate information. We make no warranties or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness, or adequacy of the information contained on this site or the information linked to on the state site. Please check official sources.