2013 Maryland Code
§ 8-310 - Administrator's duties with respect to plan
An administrator shall discharge the administrator’s duties with respect to a plan:
(1) solely in the interest of providing to the plan’s participants and beneficiaries the benefits to which they are entitled under the plan;
(2) for the exclusive purpose of providing benefits to the plan’s participants and beneficiaries and defraying reasonable expenses of administering the plan;
(3) with the care, skill, prudence, and diligence that a prudent person acting in a similar capacity and under similar circumstances would use to conduct an enterprise of similar character and with similar aims;
(4) if applicable, by diversifying the investments of the plan to minimize the risk of large losses, unless under the circumstances it is clearly prudent not to do so; and
(5) in accordance with the documents and instruments governing the plan to the extent that the documents and instruments are not inconsistent with this subtitle.
Disclaimer: These codes may not be the most recent version. Maryland may have more current or accurate information. We make no warranties or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness, or adequacy of the information contained on this site or the information linked to on the state site. Please check official sources.