2013 Maryland Code
§ 4-203 - Acting as insurance producer for unauthorized insurer prohibited
(a) This section does not apply to:
(1) acceptance of service of process;
(2) surplus lines insurance;
(3) a transaction for which a certificate of authority is not required under § 4-101(b) of this title;
(4) reinsurance, as authorized under Title 5, Subtitle 9 of this article;
(5) an adjuster while providing services with respect to a claim under a policy lawfully solicited, issued, and delivered outside of the State; or
(6) the professional services of an attorney at law.
(b) With respect to a subject of insurance resident, located, or to be performed in the State, a person may not in the State directly or indirectly act as an insurance producer for, or otherwise represent or help on behalf of another, an unauthorized insurer to:
(1) solicit, negotiate, or effect insurance or an annuity contract;
(2) inspect risks;
(3) fix rates;
(4) investigate or adjust losses;
(5) collect premiums; or
(6) transact insurance business in any other manner.
Disclaimer: These codes may not be the most recent version. Maryland may have more current or accurate information. We make no warranties or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness, or adequacy of the information contained on this site or the information linked to on the state site. Please check official sources.