2013 Maryland Code
§ 3-317 - Suspensions and revocations
(a) The Commissioner may suspend or revoke the certificate of qualification of a surplus lines broker:
(1) if the surplus lines broker fails to file the semiannual statement required by this subtitle;
(2) if the surplus lines broker fails to remit the tax required by this subtitle;
(3) if the surplus lines broker fails to keep records required by this subtitle, or fails to allow the Commissioner to examine those records;
(4) if the surplus lines broker fails to file or falsifies the affidavit required by this subtitle; or
(5) for any applicable ground for suspending or revoking the license of an insurance producer under this article.
(b) The Commissioner may not reinstate the certificate of qualification of a surplus lines broker whose certificate has been suspended or revoked until the broker pays all penalties and delinquent taxes that are owed.
Disclaimer: These codes may not be the most recent version. Maryland may have more current or accurate information. We make no warranties or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness, or adequacy of the information contained on this site or the information linked to on the state site. Please check official sources.