2013 Maryland Code
§ 28-106 - Commissioner reporting requirements
(a) On or before December 1, 1999, and then on December 1 for each of the succeeding 10 years, the Commissioner shall report to the Governor and, subject to § 2-1246 of the State Government Article, the General Assembly the following information:
(1) the progress of the International Commission in receiving, investigating, and resolving insurance claims of Holocaust victims; and
(2) the status of any reports that insurers were directed to file under § 28-105 of this title.
(b) The Commissioner’s report under this section shall include:
(1) the number of insurers authorized to do business in the State and the number of other insurers that may be in the same holding company system as an authorized insurer that could possibly be expected to have issued an insurance policy to a Holocaust victim between January 1, 1920, and December 31, 1945;
(2) the approximate number and total value of all insurance policies issued to Holocaust victims between January 1, 1920, and December 31, 1945, that, as of the date of the report, remain unpaid or were paid to, or expropriated by, a government located in areas under Nazi influence that was not the named beneficiary of the insurance policy;
(3) a listing by insurer of the number of claims filed by individuals who allege or have alleged that they are Holocaust victims and whether each claim has been paid or payment has been denied;
(4) a summary of the length of time for the processing and disposition of claims filed by individuals who allege or have alleged that they are Holocaust victims by the insurer; and
(5) a listing of the circumstances of the activities of the Commissioner under item (4) of this subsection and § 28-107 of this title.
Disclaimer: These codes may not be the most recent version. Maryland may have more current or accurate information. We make no warranties or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness, or adequacy of the information contained on this site or the information linked to on the state site. Please check official sources.