2013 Maryland Code
§ 26-402 - Service contract and membership card
(a) Each motor club shall provide to its members:
(1) a service contract;
(2) a membership card; and
(3) the following information:
(i) the exact name of the motor club;
(ii) the street address of the motor club’s home office;
(iii) the street address of the motor club’s principal place of business in the State;
(iv) the telephone numbers of the motor club’s home and business offices; and
(v) a description of the motor club services or benefits to which the member is entitled.
(b) Unless a motor club provides and the Commissioner approves another form of service contract, the completed application and the description of motor club services constitute the service contract.
(c) A service contract may not:
(1) contain inconsistent, ambiguous, or misleading clauses, exceptions, or conditions that deceptively affect the risk purported to be assumed or the motor club service to be performed;
(2) contain an inequitable provision that does not have a substantial benefit to the member;
(3) require the payment of fees that are unreasonable in relation to the motor club service agreed to be performed; or
(4) offer reimbursement only, unless the contract clearly states that emergency road service will not be provided.
Disclaimer: These codes may not be the most recent version. Maryland may have more current or accurate information. We make no warranties or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness, or adequacy of the information contained on this site or the information linked to on the state site. Please check official sources.