2013 Maryland Code
§ 26-205 - Issuance or disapproval of license
(a) Within a reasonable time after an application for a license is filed, the Commissioner shall issue a license to the applicant unless:
(1) the applicant has not met all of the requirements of this title;
(2) in the judgment of the Commissioner, the applicant does not have sufficient financial responsibility to engage in the business of a motor club; or
(3) the applicant has failed to make a reasonable showing that all of its owners, managers, officers, directors, or representatives are persons of reliability and integrity.
(b) If the Commissioner disapproves the application for a license, the Commissioner shall notify the applicant as soon as practicable of the reason for the disapproval and inform the applicant of its right to a hearing on the matter as provided in § 26-209 of this subtitle.
(c) If an application for a license filed under this subtitle is disapproved, the Commissioner shall:
(1) retain $50 of the application fee paid by the applicant; and
(2) return the balance of the application fee to the applicant.
Disclaimer: These codes may not be the most recent version. Maryland may have more current or accurate information. We make no warranties or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness, or adequacy of the information contained on this site or the information linked to on the state site. Please check official sources.