2013 Maryland Code
§ 25-402 - Purposes of subtitle
The purposes of this subtitle are:
(1) to authorize and establish:
(i) the Joint Insurance Association;
(ii) a program to make essential property insurance available from the Association to qualified applicants with the least possible administrative detail and expense; and
(iii) a program to make the homeowner’s insurance that is provided by the Association available to qualified applicants with the least possible administrative detail and expense;
(2) to encourage the improvement of the condition of properties located in the State;
(3) to further orderly community development in general;
(4) to publicize the purposes and procedures of this subtitle so that no one fails to seek assistance from the Association because of ignorance;
(5) to utilize fully the voluntary insurance market as a source of essential property insurance and homeowner’s insurance; and
(6) to encourage the delivery of essential property insurance, and the homeowner’s insurance that is provided by the Association, at the most reasonable cost possible, provided that insurance pricing by the Association:
(i) is actuarially self-supporting; and
(ii) does not actively compete with insurance pricing in the voluntary insurance market.
Disclaimer: These codes may not be the most recent version. Maryland may have more current or accurate information. We make no warranties or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness, or adequacy of the information contained on this site or the information linked to on the state site. Please check official sources.