2013 Maryland Code
§ 24-307 - Board
(a) (1) There is a Board for the Chesapeake Employers’ Insurance Company.
(2) The Board shall manage the business and affairs of the Company as a private, nonprofit corporation in accordance with State law.
(b) The Board shall consist of nine members appointed by the Governor with the advice and consent of the Senate.
(c) Each member shall be a resident of the State.
(d) Before taking office, each appointee to the Board shall take the oath required by Article I, § 9 of the Maryland Constitution.
(e) (1) The term of a member is 5 years.
(2) The terms of members are staggered as required by the terms provided for members of the Board for the Fund on October 1, 1991.
(3) At the end of a term, a member continues to serve until a successor is appointed and qualifies.
(4) A member who is appointed after a term has begun serves only for the rest of the term and until a successor is appointed and qualifies.
(5) A member may not serve for more than:
(i) two full terms; or
(ii) a total of 10 years.
(f) The Governor may remove a member for incompetence or misconduct.
(g) The Board shall adopt rules, bylaws, and procedures.
Disclaimer: These codes may not be the most recent version. Maryland may have more current or accurate information. We make no warranties or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness, or adequacy of the information contained on this site or the information linked to on the state site. Please check official sources.