2013 Maryland Code
§ 24-109 - Policy terms and conditions of coverage
(a) Policies that the Society issues to lawyers shall be essentially uniform in terms and conditions of coverage.
(b) Notwithstanding subsection (a) of this section, the Society may:
(1) establish reasonable classifications of lawyers, insured activities, and exposures based on a good faith determination of relative exposures and hazards among classifications;
(2) vary the limits, coverages, exclusions, conditions, and loss-sharing provisions among classifications; and
(3) establish, for an individual lawyer within a classification, reasonable variations in the terms of coverage, including deductibles and loss-sharing provisions, based on the insured’s prior loss experience.
(c) The Society:
(1) may refuse to insure an applicant or may cancel the policy of a member of the Society who is suspended or disbarred from practicing law; and
(2) may refuse to underwrite or cancel any risk that does not meet its underwriting standards subject to the applicable provisions of this article.
Disclaimer: These codes may not be the most recent version. Maryland may have more current or accurate information. We make no warranties or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness, or adequacy of the information contained on this site or the information linked to on the state site. Please check official sources.