2013 Maryland Code
§ 20-508 - Effect of 3 years without violation or accident
(a) A policyholder is entitled to continuation of coverage from the Fund at rates that are reasonably comparable to those charged by standard insurers and approved by the Commissioner if, for 3 continuous years of coverage under a policy issued by the Fund, the policyholder has not:
(1) been charged with a moving traffic violation;
(2) had a chargeable traffic accident; and
(3) been assessed more than one point by the Motor Vehicle Administration.
(b) A policyholder who meets the requirements of subsection (a) of this section is not entitled to a safe driver credit as defined in the rules and rate schedules of the Fund filed with the Commissioner.
(c) In determining eligibility for rates that are reasonably comparable to those charged by standard insurers, the Fund may not consider:
(1) a lapse in coverage of 30 days or less; and
(2) the addition of a driver to the policy who has certified in a manner approved by the Fund for the immediately preceding 3 continuous years that the driver has not had a moving traffic violation, has not been assessed more than one point, and has not had a chargeable traffic accident.
Disclaimer: These codes may not be the most recent version. Maryland may have more current or accurate information. We make no warranties or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness, or adequacy of the information contained on this site or the information linked to on the state site. Please check official sources.